Monday, November 11, 2013

My 6ft. Birthday Tikis

   I just celebrated my 30th birthday, and threw a fun polynesian birthday party.  Obviously I had to make two 6ft tikis to watch over the festivities.
   Each tiki is made of seven cardboard boxes that I collected at work.  They're coated in white acrylic paint, and washed over in watered down acrylic colors, and refined with sharpie marker to create a wood grain effect.  The details were added last.  These guys are inspired by Disney World's Adventureland Tiki Drums…who are in turn inspired by the native slit drums of Borneo.

Early stage of the first tiki.  Each piece took about a week to finish. 

starting to come together. 






 Lighting is horrible…but this guy is grumpier than the other one. 



 faux woodgrain détail...

face detail.

The night of the party…just because I love this photo/girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment